Sunday, February 23, 2014

I'm a little late for Christmas but I hope you'll still enjoy this one!


I'm a little late for Christmas but I hope you'll still enjoy this one!  The Barbapapa books were written in the 1970's.  I totally remember watching business cartoons the 5-minute business cartoons cartoons on tv as a child.  As you have probably figured out by looking at the illustrations, the Barbapapa family can change their shape.  When they do so, they say 'Clickety-click, Barba-trick!'  Aaaah, memories.  :)  Check out the official Barbapapa website  here.
I got a Barbapapa bowl and spoon in Zara Home once, which was pretty cheap, unlike the toys, which I admired but didn't buy in a French toy shop. This book is lovely! We only have French versions (bought business cartoons on camping holidays - I'm Irish) so I didn't know their names in English. Happy New Year! Reply Delete
I used to watch Barbapapa on TV with son, he was 40 this year! I will have to send him a link to your post and see if he remembers it as well as I do. Happy New Year. Reply Delete
I had the Barbapapa's New House book as kid (my parents still have our copy!) and I LOVED it. Have collected some of the others for my own kids but golly are they expensive! business cartoons Wish someone would do a Barbapapa Treasury business cartoons of some of the English-language editions. Reply Delete
Comments
A Child's Garden of Verses A.A. Milne/Ernest H. Shepard Alain Gree Alice and Martin Provensen Arch books Best in Children's Books Betty Crocker Beverly Cleary Bible books Big Golden Books Bonnie and Bill Rutherford Childcraft Christmas Cindy Szekeres Corinne Malvern Deans Dick and Jane Disney Disneyland Record and Book Don Freeman Dr. Seuss Eloise business cartoons Wilkin Eric Carle Ezra Jack Keats Feodor Rojankovsky Garth Williams Gene Zion Golden Books Golden Pleasure Classics Golden Shape Book Golden business cartoons Sturdy Books Gustav Tenggren business cartoons Gyo Fujikawa Harry McNaught Helen Palmer J.P. Miller Johnstones Ladybird Leonard Shortall Leonard Weisgard business cartoons Lewis Carroll business cartoons Lilian Obligado business cartoons Little Golden Books Lousia May Alcott Mary Blair Miscellaneous Mother Goose Oz P.D. Eastman Peter Spier Poetry Read-a-Long Read-a-Long Adventure Retro TV and Toys for The Very Young Retta Scott Worcester Richard Scarry Robert Lopshire business cartoons Roy McKie Russell Hoban Ruth Ruhman Sesame business cartoons Street Stan and Jan Berenstain Steffie Lerch Tasha Tudor Theo LeSieg Tibor Gergely Trina Schart Trixie Belden Violet LaMont Virginia Lee Burton business cartoons Walter Farley Whitman Tell-a-Tale Books Wonder Books
►  2014 (1) ►  January (1) ▼  2013 (34) ▼  December (2) The Barbapapas' Christmas Walt Disney's Storybook Friends ►  November (2) ►  October (7) ►  September (3) ►  August (1) ►  July (3) ►  June (1) ►  April (1) ►  March (3) ►  February (5) ►  January (6) ►  2012 (61) ►  December (7) ►  November (9) ►  October (9) ►  September (7) ►  August (10) ►  July (12) ►  June (7)
16 hours ago
Good Books For Young Souls
7/52
1 week ago
the marlowe bookshelf
garage sale season


No comments:

Post a Comment